Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Backseat Headrest

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RoyW

RoyW

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Can the backseat headrest be completely removed ? We seldom carry passengers and it blocks some of the view. The Manual suggests that it can but I cannot find the "release buttons" that are mentioned, (I can locate the adjustment buttons on the front but not the back) -- Thanks RoyW

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   harilaos

harilaos

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Can the backseat headrest be completely removed ? We seldom carry passengers and it blocks some of the view. The Manual suggests that it can but I cannot find the "release buttons" that are mentioned, (I can locate the adjustment buttons on the front but not the back) -- Thanks RoyW

I just looked at mine and there is a set of buttons on each side just push them in and they will come out they are located on the right bottom side of each bar just feel for them hope this helps

#3 OFFLINE   RoyW

RoyW

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for your response but I still have no luck. Mine is a 2011 MKS -- is yours the same. It is difficult to even get my fingers underneath the headrests. Then I cannot find any buttons. I feel something like a collar but no buttons like on the front. Guess I need to check with the dealer at next service. Thanks again RoyW

#4 OFFLINE   digitalman161

digitalman161

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS Ecoboost w/Ecoboost Package
  • Interests:Huh? The MKS!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for your response but I still have no luck. Mine is a 2011 MKS -- is yours the same. It is difficult to even get my fingers underneath the headrests. Then I cannot find any buttons. I feel something like a collar but no buttons like on the front. Guess I need to check with the dealer at next service. Thanks again RoyW

did you ever find the answer to this? I am having the same issue. I can feel a button on the right side but when I push it I still can't move the headrest. It is very difficult to get at it. :banghead:

#5 OFFLINE   philjacq

philjacq

Long Time Lincoln Owner

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 AWD MKS

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

I had removed mine for a time without any trouble. After reinstalling them while carrying some rear seat passengers, I found that I too couldn't remove them again. There they stay :angry:

#6 OFFLINE   harilaos

harilaos

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

yes mine is a 2011 and I removed them just like the front ones but the buttons on the rear ones are very hard to feel

#7 OFFLINE   RoyW

RoyW

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

I just tried again with no luck. I will be taking the car in for a service before too long and will ask them. If I find out anything I will post here. I appreciate those of you that have tried to help.

I did find the so called "button". But in the back it seems to slide into the mounting and it is hard to push it in far enough. I think I probably need a small piece of wood or sometjhing that won't cut the leather to help push it in. I never got the headrest "slide" to actually release. Probably the Government is looking out for my safety

RoyW

#8 OFFLINE   digitalman161

digitalman161

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS Ecoboost w/Ecoboost Package
  • Interests:Huh? The MKS!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

I just tried again with no luck. I will be taking the car in for a service before too long and will ask them. If I find out anything I will post here. I appreciate those of you that have tried to help.

I did find the so called "button". But in the back it seems to slide into the mounting and it is hard to push it in far enough. I think I probably need a small piece of wood or sometjhing that won't cut the leather to help push it in. I never got the headrest "slide" to actually release. Probably the Government is looking out for my safety

RoyW

I don't know if this will help you or not. But there is a button for each post. Both buttons are on the right side of the post. The the right post can be pressed by sliding your hand in from the right side. The left, slide in from the back, this one is even harder to press :angry2: but I found that if you can get a piece of it she goes easy enough. I was able to pull both headrests right up.

#9 OFFLINE   RoyW

RoyW

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the advice -- You are quite correct. I just had mine removed during a service stop and can now see the two buttons (One on each post) My only question now is where do I get the 3rd hand !! 2 for the posts and one to lift it !! Thanks again -RoyW

#10 OFFLINE   Nevada Rick

Nevada Rick

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Lincoln MKS

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the advice -- You are quite correct. I just had mine removed during a service stop and can now see the two buttons (One on each post) My only question now is where do I get the 3rd hand !! 2 for the posts and one to lift it !! Thanks again -RoyW

Open wide and grab it with your teeth, lol.
Someday evolution will give us a third hand for just those types of situations.

#11 OFFLINE   Edseljim

Edseljim

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Easy Peasy. You don't need 3 hands. The trick is that the release buttons are on the right side if each post. It helps if the interior is warm. Slide your fingers under and press. The headrest pops right up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·