Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing wiper blades?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pharden

pharden

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

With 25k on the MKS, my wipers are getting to the point where they need replacing. I hadn't really looked at them before but it appears that you would have to buy them from the dealer as where they mount to the arm is not like any one I have seen before. Does any one have any experience with these?

Thanks, Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   newtolincoln

newtolincoln

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

I'm replacing a Buick Enclave with an MKS, and the situation is similar. These new-generation blades are propietary to the manufacturer and can only be bought thru a dealer.
The good news is they are vastly superior tp the old style blades and last much longer.
Yoy can extend their life even further by frequently cleaning the wiping edge.

#3 OFFLINE   rayvrwc

rayvrwc

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

I went to my local Auto Zone Store, and saw Bosch wiper blades. I looked in their book, and saw that Bosch makes an "Icon" model blade for the 2009 MKS. They didn't have any of the model I would need. And, the person working said that they didn't think the blades would work due to the weird wiper blade holder. He said I should just buy them from my local Lincoln dealer. Anybody tried the Bosch blades?

#4 OFFLINE   Purgatory

Purgatory

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Sailing, novelist, astronomy, chess, stamp collecting, antiques

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

My wipers were replaced with the proper size Bosch blades that I picked up from Autozone.  They even swapped them out for me for free, and they have stayed put, and work great.  Don't know why you would have to buy special ones through the dealer.

#5 OFFLINE   CarThrasher

CarThrasher

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Just changed wiper blades. Car had the Trico "Force" style blades. Has an air deflector built in to the molded center section.Several auto parts places did not have the same style. Found a seller on Ebay & also found them at a local super Walmart. The wind deflector is supposed to help hold the wiper to the wind shield better. Comes with 2 adapters in pkg. My 2013 needed the "B" style. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·