Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Unfortunately my MKS was totaled. Should I get an ecoboost next?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Redultimate98

Redultimate98

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 mks ultimate
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

I had my MKS less than 6 months and I loved it. Red ultimate, every option except FCW. Very clean too was from the south and didnt have any rust or dents. Ill attach pictures here. It makes me sad because I loved this car and it was truely the cleanest one I could find. So now towards spring Im considering buying an ecoboost. What do you guys think? I like the ecoboost power but I heard bad things about the turbo.

BTW: you guys these cars are very safe. I got T boned because another driver ran a red light. Car almost tipped / rolled. My head hit the airbag and my back door was ripped off. I walked out completely fine.

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:03 AM

I am partial to the ecoboost due to the power with no fuel economy penalty.    If you buy used, just be sure to inspect the car or have it inspected.   About the only issue with turbos are leaking seals.  That is pretty rare but it has happened.   A good under car examination should tell if there are issues.   While under the car, make sure the PTU is also checked for any signs of leakage.

#3 OFFLINE   MKSMike

MKSMike

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS EcoBoost
  • Interests:Cars, Camping, Biking, Hiking, Kayaking, Dogs

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

Glad you are ok, looks like you could have used SCW (side collision warning). I have a 2010 Ecoboost same color yours was, fully loaded, clean, and absolutely love it, I have driven both and would definitely buy the Ecoboost again over the 3.7, such impressive, smooth power. I always figured these things are like tanks - looks like you took a hard hit, again glad you are safe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·