Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Pad and Rotor Recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JPW

JPW

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

I have a 2013 MKS Ecoboost with the original rotors and pads on it (82,000 miles and still love it!).  I've been pretty happy with the brakes so I thought I just might replace the rotors and pads with what I have now, but I'm not sure where I might be able to purchase them.  Any suggestions?  I guess I could just buy them straight from Lincoln, but something tells me they might charge a premium price for them.  

I would also be interested to hear any recommendations others might have for any after-market rotors and pads and where I might be able to purchase them.  Before my MKS I owned a BMW 750li and I received a recommendation from a forum member to try some specific rotors and pads.  They were probably a third of the cost BMW was quoting me (no surprise) and they were much improved.  I'm not sure if something similar might exist here, but I thought it was worth asking about.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

82,000 miles on factory pads and rotors should be commended. I've read from other forums that the brakes on the 2013 and newer SHOs and MKS' are much improved.

I could never get that much out of mine.

Since you have the upgraded brakes for this platform, and you've surely gotten your money's worth out of them, why not stick with what works?

I don't know many people who get that much life out of brakes and rotors (unless their driving is mostly highway).

Just my $0.02

#3 OFFLINE   JPW

JPW

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

Thanks. Yes, my driving is pretty much exclusively highway miles. I wouldn't mind going back with what I have now at all, but I'm not sure where I find original parts like this online. Does anyone know? I don't trust my dealer to get it right or sell it to me at a fair price. They aren't horrible, they've just done dumb things like overfill my oil probably 7 times. We've finally corrected that problem now.

#4 OFFLINE   spiked

spiked

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS EcoBoost

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

OEM brakes are a good deal for a number of reasons-

1 You know what you are getting as in Ford parts are guarantied to be good quality.

2 OEM pads give off less brake dust on your nice alloy wheels.

3 It's guarantied that they fit.

4 If you show a future buyer on your car bills for QEM parts,most people will think you really took good care of the car.

If you go back to your original salesman were you bought the car and ask him if he can get you a deal on the parts,they will usually get you 10 or 20 off list.Did you check for a ridge on the old rotors?Just poke your finger through the wheel and feel it.You may only need pads.

Good luck.

#5 OFFLINE   kito2112

kito2112

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

I went with EBC slotted rotors and "red stuff" pads. They are very dirty pads, but work better than the OEM's. I would maybe try the drilled/slotted next time to get some of the dirt out the backside of the rotor, but performance wise, they are good. Delivered to your door for a decent price from Autoanything.com

#6 OFFLINE   MKSMike

MKSMike

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS EcoBoost
  • Interests:Cars, Camping, Biking, Hiking, Kayaking, Dogs

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Wow, don't like the sound of that, I was set on ordering 'red stuff' pads but not going to be happy if they create a lot of dust, I was going to go with the plain surface EBC rotor with the black geomet anti-corroding finish, I wonder if they would dust less with the smooth surface rotor.  Definitely want a brake upgrade, stock is ok around town but kinda scary stopping from higher speeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·