Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Livernois 4Plus x tune

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scbird1

scbird1

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Anyone here running that tune? I finally pulled the trigger on a tune from these guys after a lot of research. Found out that Ford has contributed  to the greatness of this company and i`m sure they do the best job tuning our cars. I ordered the hurricane bundle along with the pre gapped plugs. In a email I described what tunes i wanted so I have 4 with octane changes for my 3 bar map. I`m sure i`m going with 4 plus X tune as I wan`t my car to be all it can be with stock exhaust. 

I guess the only thing I worry about is how firm the trans is going to shift after the adaptive computer learns its stuff. In the past I have had a lot of thunderbird SC`s (hence the name) and we did what they call a J mod after the designer of the 4r70w trans. It was like a shift kit where you could make it a firm or soft or fast as you wanted just by drilling out some holes in the valve body. My wife drives this car to work and I not sure how she will like catching rubber in first and second but I think if she lays off the gas things will be just fine. Just love this company so far as I ordered this on Thursday night and received  everything on Saturday morning. Sent off my tune request that night and got my tunes Monday afternoon with very detailed instuctions. I`m going to install all of it Tuesday night. I hope the roads will be dry for the test drive. On a final note I`m going to buy a 2018 mustang GT and the way it looks I might just let Livernois do their magic first. Fell in love with a 727 car when they came out from Lebanon Ford in Ohio. That`s what I wan`t. I`m keeping my Lincoln till the tires fall off. Mark

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

I ran that tune for several years in my MKS and it is fantastic.  The transmission tuning is excellent.  Driven normally, it is smooth as silk.  Driven aggressively, it is quick and firm.   I absolutely loved my MKS with the Livernois 4+X tune.  I ran the car at the dragstrip at least 50 times and it never missed a beat.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=DIqjtnckKG0

#3 OFFLINE   scbird1

scbird1

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

Got it all done today in record time and tune wen`t off with out a hitch. Plugs,cai and map were easy and I didin`t get my hands dirty.

The only problem I have is I will need a crow bar to pry the smile off my face. :happy feet: Props to Livernois   

• brucelinc likes this

#4 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Uh-oh.....big mistake.....

#5 OFFLINE   scbird1

scbird1

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Here is what you can expect with this tune 360 AWHP  and  425 AWTQ. They sen`t me a few dyno sheets with same car and mods. Is it as fun as a rear wheel drive? Not really but dam it fun to get to the speed limit from a light. I don`t race but I like to know that I have the power. Old gear head here. 

• brucelinc likes this

#6 OFFLINE   JoeMo

JoeMo

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

I just picked up a 2013 MKS Ecoboost myself.  Fortunately, I work in Dearborn, just a few miles away from Livernois.  I'll have to pay them a visit.  Also, I have spent the past 17 years working in Global Parts Supply & Logistics with Ford Customer Service Division, so I may be able to help if anybody has OE parts/service questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·