Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Just bought a 2009 red MKS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Redultimate98

Redultimate98

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 mks ultimate
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys I just bought a 2009 mks. It is the ultimate package, has every option I can think of besides the sunshade and awd. I love it. Anyone have any advice for me? I love this car so far put 2 thousand miles on it already. About to be at 80,000. I'm 19, in college by the way and work 2 jobs so that's how I was able to afford this car in college. Also I do have a few questions because I've had a few issues with this car. First off, my radio is all static. My friends were messing with it and I think reset it or something and now it's all staticky. You can still listen to music and everything but only for the radio it is static. Works completely fine for my Bluetooth phone. Also my overweight friend in the back seat decided to grab on the handle next to the sunroof and ripped it out. I am pissed and he isn't allowed in my car any longer. I'm trying to find a way to screw it back in but don't have luck. Also, I noticed everytime I clean the center console armrest, there is some sort of black stuff coming out and I'm afriad it's the die to the center console in afriad this is a problem.. please let me know thank you

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   gkarg

gkarg

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKS AWD

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

Congrats on your MKS.  I have a 2009, as well.  When people advise against getting a first model year car - these are usually the problems that seem to happen.  Gotta love used cars, right?

Your radio antenna is part of the rear window.  I'm not sure how it is wired in, but if you were cleaning your back window or messing with something on the rear shelf - you could have damaged or disconnected your antenna.  The internal antenna pick-up or something inside your radio could have also crapped out.  I had a 2003 Town car that I had to send in the radio to be repaired when the radio turned to static.

I have also had the rear upper hand grips/grab bars ripped off of my MKS.  You can find a screw with bigger/thicker threads to try and screw it back on, but in my experience - it will eventually rip out again - fat friend or not.

Not sure about he console armrest - leather issue.  Mine just gets dirty from use - but that is just a surface dirt that wipes right off.

#3 OFFLINE   Redultimate98

Redultimate98

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 mks ultimate
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Congrats on your MKS.  I have a 2009, as well.  When people advise against getting a first model year car - these are usually the problems that seem to happen.  Gotta love used cars, right?

Your radio antenna is part of the rear window.  I'm not sure how it is wired in, but if you were cleaning your back window or messing with something on the rear shelf - you could have damaged or disconnected your antenna.  The internal antenna pick-up or something inside your radio could have also crapped out.  I had a 2003 Town car that I had to send in the radio to be repaired when the radio turned to static.

I have also had the rear upper hand grips/grab bars ripped off of my MKS.  You can find a screw with bigger/thicker threads to try and screw it back on, but in my experience - it will eventually rip out again - fat friend or not.

Not sure about he console armrest - leather issue.  Mine just gets dirty from use - but that is just a surface dirt that wipes right off.

Sorry for getting back months later. But unfortunately it was a very short run with my MKS. Another driver ran a red Light and T boned me. I’m so mad because I liked this car a lot but life goes on. My airbags went off and rear door got ripped off. Car was almost on its side. Very sad ending to my MKS life. But who knows I might get another in a few months?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·