Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

engine cover

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MKSecobeast

MKSecobeast

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost Thunderstorm CAI, Evenflo t-stat, Motorcraft 0.30 plugs, 3 bar map, Livernois 93 stage 4+x, 7' mounted tablet running torque pro, Factory 20's, tint
  • My MKS: mymks
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Art, Comedy, Film

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

Do the SHO engine covers, 10-12 fit on the MKS's of the same years?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:28 AM

Yes.

• MKSecobeast likes this

#3 OFFLINE   TILDEN1007

TILDEN1007

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 LINCOLN MKS ELITE PACKAGE
  • Interests:CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAMS AND CADILLAC BROUGHAMS 1990 TO 1992 AND 2013-2017 LINCOLN MKS.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

I own a 2013 Lincoln Mks. The engine cover is made out of a black foam material. My 2008 and 2013 Lincoln Mkz's both had the black hard plastic covers over the engines. This foam cover is very flimsy and is not of the same quality as the hard plastic version. Both holes where the fasteners attach it to the engine cracked causing the cover to become loose. I took it back to the dealership and it was NOT covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. So I used some Dr. Bond super glue and carefully glued the crack together and then used a black plastic spray can lid and cut out 2 pieces to to fill in the whole area where the fasteners go through the foam and super glued them to the foam. It looks great and added stability to those areas. My vehicle was purchased a year ago and I have only put 4,000 miles on it. I have never removed that cover and with the low miles, I don't think anyone else had either.

PS.  Not only did the upper engine cover fail, the lower engine cover is also flimsy. There are 4 holes that have a fastener through them to attach it to the vehicle frame. The front left hole blew out, so the dealership attached it to the vehicle frame with a black plastic tie strap. I took it back to the dealership and SURPRISE, not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. So I took 2 thick round black plastic fender fasteners that were the same diameter and drilled a hole through them and Dr. Bonded them to the blown out hole on each side of the cover. Now the fasteners will keep the lower cover tightly attached to the frame and it is a first class quality repair. A new lower panel cover is almost $200.00 OEM.

#4 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

I own a 2013 Lincoln Mks. The engine cover is made out of a black foam material. My 2008 and 2013 Lincoln Mkz's both had the black hard plastic covers over the engines. This foam cover is very flimsy and is not of the same quality as the hard plastic version. Both holes where the fasteners attach it to the engine cracked causing the cover to become loose. I took it back to the dealership and it was NOT covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. So I used some Dr. Bond super glue and carefully glued the crack together and then used a black plastic spray can lid and cut out 2 pieces to to fill in the whole area where the fasteners go through the foam and super glued them to the foam. It looks great and added stability to those areas. My vehicle was purchased a year ago and I have only put 4,000 miles on it. I have never removed that cover and with the low miles, I don't think anyone else had either.

PS.  Not only did the upper engine cover fail, the lower engine cover is also flimsy. There are 4 holes that have a fastener through them to attach it to the vehicle frame. The front left hole blew out, so the dealership attached it to the vehicle frame with a black plastic tie strap. I took it back to the dealership and SURPRISE, not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. So I took 2 thick round black plastic fender fasteners that were the same diameter and drilled a hole through them and Dr. Bonded them to the blown out hole on each side of the cover. Now the fasteners will keep the lower cover tightly attached to the frame and it is a first class quality repair. A new lower panel cover is almost $200.00 OEM.

Surprising.  Maybe the 2013s were different but the engine cover and lower aeroshield on my 2010 were very robust.  I had them both on and off many times and they never gave any signs of cracking or failing.  In fact, I am not sure if I could have cracked either one even if I wanted to.

#5 OFFLINE   CarThrasher

CarThrasher

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

This is my 1st Lincoln. It's a 2013 Jan. production. Has the ecoboost.  Cover is hard, but flexible plastic with sound deadener insulation underneath.  Held to engine with 3 "ball" shaped pedestals which press into corresponding sockets in the cover. Removing the cover was harder than I thought it should be & was afraid of breaking it. Coated the ball studs & sockets with anti seize. Comes off now with less effort. The anti seize compound should hold up with the engine heating/cooling cycles & not "run away". Cover just says Ecoboost. Have seen some with the Lincoln insignia on them, think that my come only with the 3.7.  

#6 OFFLINE   CarThrasher

CarThrasher

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:44 PM

The under the engine shield is held in place by 4 thumb screws. The front leading edge slides in to about a 3-4" wide "slot". Appears to be a form of pressed/molded "water resistant" material. Don't know if its some kind of paper based stuff or what. Its the same material as a 2012 Focus we own. Will check it out better next oil change. Seems to be study enough though. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·