Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

water leaking into the rear doors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MKSecobeast

MKSecobeast

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost Thunderstorm CAI, Evenflo t-stat, Motorcraft 0.30 plugs, 3 bar map, Livernois 93 stage 4+x, 7' mounted tablet running torque pro, Factory 20's, tint
  • My MKS: mymks
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Art, Comedy, Film

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

I've had my MKS for a few weeks now and just noticed this. I heard a sloshing sound when I would brake suddenly. When I open my rear doors water drains out the bottom. I looked at the weather stripping and it looks ok. I'm assuming something is wrong with it somewhere and I'm just not seeing it. I have a 3 month warranty from the dealer..Do you think this would be covered? I really don't want my doors to rust from the inside out and who knows how long it's been like this before I got it..

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   joehio

joehio

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'09 MKS & '12 MKX
  • Interests:Cooking, keeping super shiny cars, traveling, and a good Polka Band from Ohio !

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

We never had this problem with either my wife's '09 or her n'15.  Might be a clogged drainage plug, have them check it out and GET IT DOCUMENTED ! 

#3 OFFLINE   MKSecobeast

MKSecobeast

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost Thunderstorm CAI, Evenflo t-stat, Motorcraft 0.30 plugs, 3 bar map, Livernois 93 stage 4+x, 7' mounted tablet running torque pro, Factory 20's, tint
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Art, Comedy, Film

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

I looked at it further and it seems like its not really in the door, but in the plastic "ground effects". I was really worried about this, but when I thought my turbos failed and took my car to be serviced I forgot to even bring that up. lol
""

#4 OFFLINE   mergd02

mergd02

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2012 MKS

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

That should be covered by the warranty.

#5 OFFLINE   1buzzy

1buzzy

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2009 MKS

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

I have an 09 and just noticed I have the same sloshing as stated, I do not have a warranty on mine. Can anyone tell me what the fix would be. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   oxycodone

oxycodone

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 MKS AWD

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:21 PM

I have an 09 and just noticed I have the same sloshing as stated, I do not have a warranty on mine. Can anyone tell me what the fix would be. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

I had the sloshing in the front doors of my '09 not too long after I bought it, so it was still under warranty. Dealer claimed the doors were designed to have water pass through them. There's a heavy rubber flap on the inside bottom of the door that has drain holes behind it. The rubber flap was blocking the drain holes, so they cut a couple notches in it. 

I haven't had any sloshing problems since then, but I've also not had my door apart to see if it's rusted inside, :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·