Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

MKS 3.7 Turbo?

3.7 Turbo

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Lincolnconvert13

Lincolnconvert13

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost Thunderstorm CAI, Evenflo t-stat, Motorcraft 0.30 plugs, 3 bar map, Livernois tuned, Factory 20's, tint
  • My MKS: mymks
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Art, Comedy, Film

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

I've heard of these "catch cans" to combat this..Do you have any knowledge or experience with these? 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

No experience but I have never felt like i needed one.  However, there are people who swear by them.  Certainly couldn't hurt.

• Lincolnconvert13 likes this

#43 OFFLINE   Lincolnconvert13

Lincolnconvert13

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost Thunderstorm CAI, Evenflo t-stat, Motorcraft 0.30 plugs, 3 bar map, Livernois tuned, Factory 20's, tint

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

I might get one. Seems like it might be a good investment and certainly couldn't hurt. 

#44 OFFLINE   Lincolnconvert13

Lincolnconvert13

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

It turns out that a my intercooler blew a  hole in itself. I misunderstood the man on the phone, since I was in a low service area at the time. They put in a new intercooler and I only had to pay a 100 deductible. This incident happened right after i loaded the 93  hot tune from livernois. Like ten minutes in. Now that it's back in working order I'm afraid to tune it. To get it serviced without out hassle I took off my mods and tuned it back to stock. Freak accident I'm hoping. :/

#45 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Glad it is fixed.  I have never heard of the intercooler failure.  Tune it.  Livernois tunes do not add a lot of boost.  They rely more on ignition timing optimization.  Their tunes are very safe.

• Lincolnconvert13 likes this

#46 OFFLINE   Lincolnconvert13

Lincolnconvert13

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the kick bruce. Sometimes I need that. lol My buddy who helps me with my car, also told me to try it again. Worse case scenario, it's still under warranty. lol :) My friend and I are going to put the cai back on, plugs, and the 3 bar map sensor. I've gotta get some new tunes though because the dealer reprogrammed my pcu and my codes changed. I'm glad I caught that because I had already gotten new tunes in anticipation of these upcoming mods before my intercooler incident.  I swear I have the worst luck sometimes. lol Everyone I've spoken with hasn't had any problems with their ecoboost cars or with tuning them. 

• brucelinc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·