Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

12's in the 1/4 mile

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LincolnTurbo12

LincolnTurbo12

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Equus
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

Guys,

Where are All the 1/4 mile Road Tests, Motor Trend, Car and Driver, etc??  Since this New MKZ, with the 400hp AND AWD is Lighter than the SHO what does it run Stock?  I'm Assuming 12's???

Thanks!!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

I highly doubt if it will run 12s stock.    I am thinking more along the lines of 13.4 - 13.5.  I would be thrilled if it ran 12s but I am not feeling it.    My tuned MKS will run 12s and after driving an MKZ 3.0, I KNOW my MKS would go past it so fast, it would suck the Z's windshield out.   :)

• JMT21022 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   LincolnTurbo12

LincolnTurbo12

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Equus

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:54 AM

Yea, but the Specs are MORE Horsepower (Stock) at 400, and Lighter by about 300 lbs...??  That SHOULD Net a 13.1-13.2?? 

But like I said in the Title, there are ZERO 1/4 mile tests Anywhere on the Web...VERY VERY Strange......!

#4 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:33 AM

http://www.caranddri...awd-test-review

Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 22.6 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.8 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.4 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.4 sec @ 105 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 150 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.93 g

#5 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

I am impressed with the numbers, but I couldn't help but comment on the article link that you attached. Seems like neither Motor Trend nor C/D will not give Lincoln a break no matter what. They made similar negative statements about MKZ and its tires when they tested the 2013 model. I mean this time Lincoln brought them a refresh and a newly potent powertrain with numbers to back it up, and they still tried to pick it to pieces. How about commending them for a nice powertrain and a handsome refresh. What these publications need to realize is that MKZ was never intended to be a sports car!  It's not a Lamborghini nor a BMW. It's an entry level American luxury car with a sporting flair. Take it for what it is. Classify it as the Lincoln that it is! It's not Cadillac chasing after BMW... SMH

• brucelinc likes this

#6 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

The enthusiast press will be negative on any Lincoln until the develop a Lincoln-only RWD platform.   The more realistic press is much more positive.  In the C&D review, the car would likely have done better without the drivers package and summer tires.  In that configuration, it should be viewed for exactly what it is - a powerful and well-equipped entry level luxury car.  The enthusiast press typically is not much interested in that type of vehicle, though.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZvPI-ilfe2g

#7 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

Understood Bruce, but what a shame to constantly dog this brand out. If Lincoln flips the switch and creates a luxury rear drive coupe, the press will continue to pick it apart no matter how good it may be. I say to hell with them...Very few models have exclusive platforms. It's been that way for many decades. It's not a profitable business practice in this economy. So the media had better get used to it. Regardless, I've got a feeling that Lincoln will stand the test of time and show the haters what they're all about.

Edited by lincwitsync, 31 October 2016 - 04:06 PM.

• brucelinc likes this

#8 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

There are a lot more sources for reviews than Car & Driver.   I am not influenced by the opinions of others, anyway, but there are positive reviews out there for Lincolns.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/great-new-lincoln-continental-review-2016-10/#the-continental-concept-was-the-toast-of-the-2015-new-york-auto-show-1 

#9 OFFLINE   djbanas@icloud.com

djbanas@icloud.com

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 MKS Base

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:15 AM

I respect every brand, they are all wonderful in their own way: I just wish everyone else shared that same view of our Lincoln brand. I couldn't be more proud to own a Lincoln (Ford) product. I am not a person who was ever interested in winning popularity contests ---> understated luxury, luxury that is not IN YOUR FACE all the time, or reminding you that you are too poor to afford it - Lincoln is a reachable luxury marque. I like the fact, for example, that I can buy a Taurus wiper motor for my MKS and it fits the same - that's democratizing luxury. Even a cheap used Mercedes will set an owner back many thousands of dollars in maintenance as the beautiful German car ages so gracefully. Many Cadillac models share NOTHING in common with any other GM brand, such that maintaining said vehicle is now cost prohibitive and "off-limits" to regular folks. No, Ford did not go that route with Lincoln. If you have a few more bucks laying around, and you are willing to spend more for a Lincoln, well you may opt for ultimate luxury in the Black Label, but even then it's not a maintenance nightmare waiting to unfold, it's an upgraded trim and customer experience package.

• brucelinc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·