Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Your next car??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:36 AM

Now that the MKS is no longer in production, what you get if you had to replace yours now?

I don't HAVE to replace mine but I do plan on a new car within the next few months.  I have test driven a couple of MKZs and also a new Continental.   My plan is to order a Continental later this fall after the factory is in full production.  I would prefer delivery after the worst part of winter is over so placing an order around the first to middle of December should be good.

I really wanted to like the new 400 HP MKZ but it fell a little short in terms of ride, quietness and overall luxury feel.  The Continental was superb in all of those areas as well as fit/finish.   

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   joehio

joehio

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 365 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'09 MKS & '12 MKX
  • Interests:Cooking, keeping super shiny cars, traveling, and a good Polka Band from Ohio !

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Got my wife a '15 MKS, totally loaded out, replacing her '09.  Luv the car, plan to keep it for quite a while.  The new MKZ is too small for our liking, and

a little short on luxury.

Edited by joehio, 17 October 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   TSS1

TSS1

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS Ecoboost; K&N CAI; Livernois Tune; Tint; factory 20 inch Permachromes

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

Next car: 2016+ XTS VSport.....to be purchased in 2017/2018.......

#4 OFFLINE   Armjim

Armjim

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Music, my family and friends

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

This past June I traded my beloved 2009 MKS for a 2016 Black Label MKX.  I had intended to wait until the Continental was released but the transmission in the MKS dictated otherwise. It was disappointing that the transmission only made it to 95K miles, but otherwise I had no problems with the MKS and really loved that car. I considered a 2015 MKS the dealer had on the lot, but decided to get an SUV since we had the need of one.  I am very happy with the MKX; the quality, fit/finish and luxury are very impressive, especially with the Black Label package. I did not consider any other make-I knew it would be Lincoln.

I miss the MKS and sigh every time I see one on the road.  I have since driven a 2017 MKZ and Continental-they are fantastic automobiles.  But I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Lincoln MKS.

#5 OFFLINE   joehio

joehio

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 365 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'09 MKS & '12 MKX
  • Interests:Cooking, keeping super shiny cars, traveling, and a good Polka Band from Ohio !

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

I know what you mean regarding the MKS.  My wife had a '09, traded it in for a '15 totally loaded out and love it.  I got a new MKX 5 weeks ago, also totally loaded

out, including the 2.7 Ecoboost, and adaptive steering, Revel Ultimate audio, front camera, you name it, it has it.  So much nicer than my '12 MKX, yet I get into the MKS, and it's just so awesome.

#6 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

The Continental that I ordered arrives today and if it passes my inspection, I will take delivery on Wednesday.    It has a tough act to follow.  I still look forward to driving my MKS.  It has been the best and most enjoyable car I have ever driven.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·