Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sunroof stuck in Vent position

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Luvmymks

Luvmymks

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2009 MKS AWD
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

Help! Damsel in distress here... Bear with me, please.
2009, Dual Panel. The shade functions normal, however without warning or any previous issues, the window failed to Vent or Slide.
Swapped fuse out with matched amp (wipers)... All good.
Questioning if switch or motor. ??

Followed the initialization instructions in hopes cheapest/simplest first... Have no clue if I did it properly since instructions, frankly, suck.
Out of habit I attempted opening yesterday and it didn't Slide, but it Vented! Yay Me! But party is over, now it's stuck open.
Perhaps it is just the switch then? I'm attempting to remove/replace but not sure how to do so without damaging the map light housing console. Ironically, I had what I thought was a LH map light out.... Discovered I must have a short since applying pressure to the backside of the white plastic housing (closest to the windshield) with a screwdriver, the bulb illuminates. Could this possibly correlate with the sunroof switch malfunctioning???
Please advise. Baffled here and trying to avoid unnecessary dealer bill. If I can replace the $176 adaptive headlight bulb last weekend on my own (Thanks Ford for your piss poor design to have to remove bumper cover and entire headlight assembly for a bulb. Ingenious.)...I'm somewhat confident I can also conquer this. :)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   2010LincolnMKS

2010LincolnMKS

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Cars, bikes, music.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:44 AM

How did things ever work out for you with your sunroof?

#3 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:33 PM

LOL that was a while back. He probably has bought a new car since then. And I have to agree with him on that headlight design. It cost me a pretty penny trying to change that bulb myself.  Lincoln should have kept it simple for the do-It-yourselfers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·