Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

The red 'S' in MKS?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Riding On Chrome

Riding On Chrome

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Zephyr
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:47 AM

Hi,

Just wondering what model years the red coloured letter 'S' was put on the back of the MKS? Was it put inside the car too? Was it in model years 2009-2011 only?

What does the optional appearance package give you and what does it look like compared non-appearance package? Is the appearance package still offered on the MKS?

Do the Ecoboost engines burn regular fuel and when was the Ecoboost engine first available in the MKS?

How is this car to drive on snow covered roads?

Thinking on buying a pre-owned MKS eventually, and looking to get more info and educated on this very nice cool car from when it was first built to now.

Thank you for your time.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:59 AM

Only cars with the ecoboost appearance package had the red "S."  They were available from 2010 - 2012.  There was no ecoboost on 2009 models and there was no appearance package on the 2013+ models.  The appearance package was strictly cosmetic.  Smoked headlights, removal of the chrome at the bottom of the doors and body colored lower body panels were the primary changes.  

The ecoboost engine will run on regular fuel but the power will be lower by about 5% compared to running premium.   The AWD is fantastic on snow covered roads.

• lincwitsync likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Riding On Chrome

Riding On Chrome

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Zephyr

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your detailed response, very interesting.

#4 OFFLINE   JMT21022

JMT21022

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

I would be surprised if it's only 5% loss. I know the gas mileage difference is more than that. Previous owner of mine used regular instead of high test and there was a 2 to 3 mpg difference.

2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost w/ Appearance Package

#5 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

I am basing the 5% on information that I received from a company who creates performance tunes for the Ecoboost engine and I have seen that figure on several forums.   As with anything we "learn" on the Internet, it may or may not be accurate.   :)  I have never used anything but premium.

Edited by brucelinc, 12 February 2016 - 09:41 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   RickyThompson

RickyThompson

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

Indeed. Why upgrade to ecoboost if you are going to run regular octane?

#7 OFFLINE   lucwolf

lucwolf

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

Hi,

Just wondering what model years the red coloured letter 'S' was put on the back of the MKS? Was it put inside the car too? Was it in model years 2009-2011 only?

What does the optional appearance package give you and what does it look like compared non-appearance package? Is the appearance package still offered on the MKS?

Do the Ecoboost engines burn regular fuel and when was the Ecoboost engine first available in the MKS?

How is this car to drive on snow covered roads?

Thinking on buying a pre-owned MKS eventually, and looking to get more info and educated on this very nice cool car from when it was first built to now.

Thank you for your time.

I have the Red S package.  It is a $2995.00 option.  With it you get 20" chrome wheels, black accented head and tail lights, chrome accented spoiler, Sienna leather, metallic metal dash, illuminated door sills, monogrammed headrests and floor mats, red S logos/badges.  What is missing and I regret it greatly, is the chrome strip around the Lincoln logo on the trunk lid.  It makes the car look far less expensive that even the compact vehicles that have that strip.  It cheapens the appearance of the rear of the vehicle.  Since my used vehicle came with it,  I got it, but I would have never paid for it if I had the choice.

#8 OFFLINE   spiked

spiked

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS EcoBoost

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:26 AM

My 2010 Ecoboost does not have the red S.It's a Canadian car so maybe they are different.

#9 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

My 2010 Ecoboost does not have the red S.It's a Canadian car so maybe they are different.

Your car does not have the appearance package.   That is why it doesn't have the red S.

• TSS1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·