Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo

Rough ride

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Davedub

Davedub

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:MkS
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

Why does 2011 MKS had a rough stiff ride

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:58 AM

That depends on which trim and tire package your car has. It isn't supposed to ride like a cloud, but it should be comfortable in normal driving. This car came with 18, 19 and 20 inch wheels as optional. The bigger wheels typically equate to a firmer ride quality. Eco-Boost models go further (with bigger anti-roll bars, different springs, and bushings) and provide more agility in corners and at high speeds. 

Also, the 2013 and newer models have customizable/adaptive suspensions (Comfort/Normal/Sport modes). If your MKS is newer, you could play around with those set-ups to find a more comfortable ride. Just keep in mind, MKS is more refined than Lincolns of yore. 

Edited by lincwitsync, 17 January 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

Dave, you indicate that you have a 2011 so it would not have the adjustable suspension.  Otherwise, Lincwitsync offers great insight.  When someone has a car and then mentions a "rough ride," I always wonder if they test drove the car prior to purchase.  The ride is one of those things that is so obvious, it always puzzles me why anyone would buy a car if they found the ride to be "rough."

Anyway, another thought would be tire pressure.   The factory recommended pressure indicated on the door jam would provide a good compromise between softness and other factors like handling and tire life.   You could go a bit lower if ride softness is a higher priority but I would not go more than 2 PSI under the factory recommendations.

Edited by brucelinc, 29 December 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:34 AM

oops...   Davedub posted 2011 in the original. Don't know how I missed that one.

Edited by lincwitsync, 30 December 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   sagesteve

sagesteve

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS AWD
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

Just solved my rough ride. I had the Goodyears come from the factory. I knew it would handle well but the ride would be rough. They were designed to go far. I just went 23,500 miles on the,

Went to Discount tire and bought Pirelli P7's...fantastic ride!! I had always planned this. These won't go as far because they are softer rubber. Great ride and performance AND wet and snow.

#6 OFFLINE   TSS1

TSS1

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS Ecoboost; K&N CAI; Livernois Tune; Tint; factory 20 inch Permachromes

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

I have the Pirelli P7 Cinturados  on my 2010 Ecoboost and love them.  So much so, that I also got a set for our 2014 Impala (old body style).  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·