Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 MKS AWD has a rough ride

Suspension

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sandy L

Sandy L

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Pacfica
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

I test drove a pre-owned 2013 AWD MKS today in both comfort and sport mode, and the ride was rough with vibration felt under the driver's seat. Can anyone provide any insight into why the ride is so rough? Mileage is 19,000. Love the vehicle, but not the ride.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

What are you comparing it with? I wouldn't expect vibration under any circumstances but I think most people find the comfort setting pretty plush....maybe even a bit too floaty.

The MKS has a bit of sporting intention. It is not a Town Car. (Thank goodness)

#3 OFFLINE   lincwitsync

lincwitsync

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Lincoln, Music, Family

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Funny that you mention that... my co-worker adores my MKS but when he went to test drive one of his own last year, he said it was harsher than he expected it to be.  He ended up purchasing a Chrysler 300C  (I'm not mad about that ;)).

I'm guessing people still expect plush living room sofas going down the road from an American car maker.... MKS is still a Lincoln. It just handles the curves a little better than Lincolns of yore.

#4 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental 3.0 twin turbo

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Funny that you mention that... my co-worker adores my MKS but when he went to test drive one of his own last year, he said it was harsher than he expected it to be.  He ended up purchasing a Chrysler 300C  (I'm not mad about that ;)).

I'm guessing people still expect plush living room sofas going down the road from an American car maker.... MKS is still a Lincoln. It just handles the curves a little better than Lincolns of yore.

Interesting.  I like Chrysler 300s and have had them as rentals a few times.  However, in terms of ride quality and quietness, I find them inferior to the MKS.  They do have a much longer wheelbase but I find them a bit on the harsh side with a lot more tire thump compared with my MKS.   To each his own....

#5 OFFLINE   joehio

joehio

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 368 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'09 MKS & '12 MKX
  • Interests:Cooking, keeping super shiny cars, traveling, and a good Polka Band from Ohio !

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

We're on our second MKS for the wife.  First one was a '09, we really like it, so when we found out that Lincoln was going to discontinue it, in favor of the new

Continental, we went out and picked up a '15 MKS back in June.  This sucker has EVERY option, adaptive cruise, messaging seats, lane departure, auto park, AWD,

the works.  While we loved the '09, can't even find words to describe the '15, just totally awesome, would not want anything else.  Color is called Luxe, kind of like a Pewter

look. Manage to get thumbs up where ever we go. 

• brucelinc likes this

#6 OFFLINE   hiimedd

hiimedd

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 LINCOLN MKS

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

I recently purchased a used " Factory Owned " 2014 MKS with every option offered for this car.  I really like it except for the road noise, which to me is very un Lincoln like.

It could be the Michelin tires but I still think the road noise coming back into the cabin is way to excessive.  Does anyone have  thoughts on this or are experiencing like problem ? 

#7 OFFLINE   Greg Gumpright

Greg Gumpright

New MKS Member

• MKS Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Lincoln MKS ecoboost

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

As for rattle or vibration felt under driver seat.  I had my 2012 in the shop many times for this problem and finally determined it was play in one of the control arms.  They replaced it and issue went away for about 20k miles, then started on the other side, but I traded in for a 2015.  None of the mechanics could find this and ended up replacing almost the entire suspension before going to the control arm.

#8 OFFLINE   acolds

acolds

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 mks

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

I had a Lincoln LS before also a MarkVII  the ride of my MKS is not as quiet or smooth. A little surprised as I also have a Mercury Montego all wheel drive which is suppose to be from same platform which has better ride softer than the MKS even on comfort setting. Still more than satisfied with MKS

#9 OFFLINE   Ramairetransam

Ramairetransam

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Mks Ecoboost

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

the mks just rides hard, its a big heavy car with a stiff suspension and 20s . in comfort it rides like a boat and floats but if you hit rough stuff you feel it . My 2012 passat tdi with 17s rode so much softer. 

Its probably the reason the cars are cheap , old farts dont want a car that rides so hard. but the car does handle pretty damn well for the size. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·