Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Front seat panel detaching

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Medic0ne

Medic0ne

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:LINCOLN MKS 2013
  • My MKS: mymks
  • Interests:Music and emergency medicine

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

Hello,
Anyone have any problem with the hard plastic panel on the drivers side car seat? The plastic panel that goes around the seat adjustment controls and wraps around to the from a little has three plastic tips that hold it to the car seat. I noticed all three tips are broken off and the panel is only being held on by one screw in front of the car seat. I have a 2013 MKS. Still under the warranty. My dealer said to bring it in and they will make a determination if it is covered. Can't. Believe Ford wouldn't even think it wasn't covered!
Thanks. Any input would be appreciated

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Medic0ne

Medic0ne

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Vehicle:LINCOLN MKS 2013
  • Interests:Music and emergency medicine

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

I just started with the same problem. All the plastic anchors snapped off! Mean believe a high end car like the MKS has such poor trim!

#3 OFFLINE   Cincy Wahoo

Cincy Wahoo

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

That plastic panel snapped off after owning my 2009 MKS for about 2 years.  It was covered under warranty.  Since then, I make it a point to plop down on the middle of the seat when I get in and not to put my weight on the side of the seat when getting out so that I don't snap it off again.

#4 OFFLINE   gkarg

gkarg

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKS AWD

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

FYI - I had to replace mine on my 2009.  It has been a while, but - if anyone has to order one - be aware that there is a black tray that holds the seat switch in place and this is the part that clips fail and needs replaced - not the entire assembly.  It is like $25 - if I remember correctly.  Pretty easy to install, too.

#5 OFFLINE   gkarg

gkarg

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKS AWD

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

These are part numbers and prices I found on a website:

Bracket Seat Adjuster - 5Z-5462256-AA - Black, RH - $17.68

Bracket Seat Adjuster - 5Z-5462257-AA - Black, LH - $21.04

I think... double check to be sure!

#6 OFFLINE   Lost HWY

Lost HWY

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln mkS
  • Interests:Old Fords. Supercharged Marauder. Lincolns. Grand Marquis.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

Yes, very poor design. Happened to mine, and now I see the passenger side beginning to separate as well, but did not break like driver's side. Thank you for the part numbers, I will check it out.

#7 OFFLINE   TILDEN1007

TILDEN1007

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 LINCOLN MKS ELITE PACKAGE
  • Interests:CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAMS AND CADILLAC BROUGHAMS 1990 TO 1992 AND 2013-2017 LINCOLN MKS.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Wow...... Both front seat side trim panels were loose on my 2013 Lincoln Mks with only 32,000. I took it back to the dealer after removing the drivers side from the vehicle to show them how ALL of those CHEAP, FLIMSY plastic tabs that the screws go into to keep it tight around the seat side were broken off. My seat trim was also being held on by the front and rear screws. They told me that they were not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. OMG... They were a poor design or even better poor quality!!!!  So I bought some Dr. Bond super glue and reattached ALL the broken tabs with many coats of that bonding material and let it dry for several days before reattaching. It worked great and I am cautious as I always am of how I enter and exit my vehicle.  If that method fails, I will purchase new seat trims and thorough pre-coat ALL of the supporting tabs with Dr. Bond or Gorilla Glue to reinforce them to help to prevent the same thing from happening again. For A $53,000.00 vehicle, I feel this is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 OFFLINE   JoeMo

JoeMo

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

Mine is broken as well.  I had a similar issue on my 2010 MKZ a couple years back.

#9 OFFLINE   joehio

joehio

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 371 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'09 MKS & '12 MKX
  • Interests:Cooking, keeping super shiny cars, traveling, and a good Polka Band from Ohio !

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Had the same problem when my wife had her '09 MKS, dealer fixed under warranty, and the car was only about 2 1/2 years old.

Her '15 is almost 3 years old, no problem at all, maybe a better design, I don't know.

#10 OFFLINE   JoeMo

JoeMo

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

I pulled my seat side valance off this past weekend and sure enough, all four of the mounting posts for the power seat switch had snapped off the panel.  I used a thin layer of super glue to reattach each of the posts the posts.  After that, I used a couple layers of epoxy to reinforce them.  Also, I drilled holes through the white plastic bracket to line up with the two tabs at the top of the seat switch and used small zip ties to secure the switch to the bracket.  After it was fully cured, I reassembled everything and installed it back in the car.  The valance and seat switch are now firmly anchored in place, which feels and looks much better.  That being said, I can definitely tell that the seat cushion is putting a lot of pressure on that panel and it's only a matter of time before those 4 little screw posts fail again...probably when I lazily roll out of the seat after a large holiday meal. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·