Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

right front axle seal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   waynekegley

waynekegley

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2010 mks
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

I have a 2010 mks awd, wife was driving it and saw smoke coming from under the hood, took it to ford and they said the axle seal was leaking on the manifold causing the smoke, I have pretty good mechanical knowledge but was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   TILDEN1007

TILDEN1007

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 LINCOLN MKS ELITE PACKAGE
  • My MKS: mymks
  • Interests:CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAMS AND CADILLAC BROUGHAMS 1990 TO 1992 AND 2013-2017 LINCOLN MKS.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

The service advisor said that my ptu was leaking onto the exhaust pipe also. I physically noticed that the gear oil leaked onto the frame of the vehicle and saturated the rear engine/transmission mount to the point that it also needed replaced under the warranty.

MY 2013 Lincoln Mks only had 35,000 miles on it when the ptu started leaking fluid. I purchased it with only 32,000 miles. Thank god it was still under warranty. Now that a new ptu was supposedly installed by a local Ford dealer in my area, the exhaust seems to be louder under the drivers seat than it was before the repair. I guess that is what happens when they have to remove the whole exhaust including the exhaust manifold. Also after a few months, I also notice that the front wheels have a wash board ride to them starting at 45 mph and they really rumble at 65 to 70 mph. The vehicle was a certified Lincoln with brand new tires. A week after the repair, I took it back to the dealership to have it checked for the louder exhaust issue and they had the technician who repaired it to go over it again. I feel that it should have been evaluated by a fresh set of eyes. I now have an appointment with the dealership that I originally purchased it from 1 year ago. I will let the technician drive the vehicle while i am in the passenger seat.  I will update everyone with the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·