Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Driver seat motor broke?

seat

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nahhas26

nahhas26

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKS
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

I was sitting in my car today talking on the phone and I adjusted my seat because I can do that with an MKS. Later that day, maybe hours later, the driver seat stopped working entirely; all the power features except heated and cooled seat stopped working. I already knew that the lumbar adjustment stopped working a while ago but I cannot go on with my seat reclined the way it was when I was on the phone. I tried accessing the power features through the kepypad on the door, the memory buttons, and the switches on the seat, all to no avail. Has anyone ever had this happen where the driver/passenger seat stopped functioning properly, or at all? Additionally, does anyone know about this problem, regardless of whether it happened to you or not?

Edited by nahhas26, 07 December 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

Do the mirrors and steering column still move when you select the memory positions?  If not, then it points to an issue with the seat module, if they do, then it's likely something in the seat.  What puzzles me is that the lumbar and recline are totally separate mechanisms, so it would seem that your issue isn't the motor itself, but something electrically that isn't sending the right signal or power.  The heat/cool functions are on a separate circuit but do go through the same connector, so it makes sense that they would still work and tells you it's not the connector.

Edited by Waldo, 08 December 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   nahhas26

nahhas26

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thanks a lot. When I bought the car about a month ago, I realized that the driver lumbar adjuster does not work-- I ignored it. Then yesterday the driver seat just stopped working. The steering column and mirrors do work with the memory button. However, this morning the seat started working like normal again, minus the power lumbar. Nonetheless I am still worried about it happening again.

#4 OFFLINE   Vishwa Somayaji

Vishwa Somayaji

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Glad to see your seat started working again. Please update us if there is any change in the future.  This is a very important feature especially if multiple drivers use the car.  I had a Toyota Avalon before the MKS and the drivers's seat failed multiple times in it including twice under warranty.  I finally gave up and my wife could never drive it the last few years. 

#5 OFFLINE   jkoleh

jkoleh

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

Just purchased used totally loaded 2014 MKS with 16,800 miles three weeks ago.  Discovered that seat adjustment did not move seat backward, and the cooling and heating functions did not work. Drivers power seat switch was damaged internally, and was replaced. As far as heating and cooling was concerned, a module was replaced and all is well.  All under warranty.  They also replaced washer motor(not spraying). Also, collision warning light has come on, followed by service advance trac light but dealer could not find cause for that.  Any advice or similar experience.   Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   mazn39

mazn39

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS Lincoln
  • Interests:Front passenger seat does not move, driver door lock does not work and power mirror driver door does not work. Both Sun Roofs does not work. The Key fob does not work. Manually open driver door by key.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

I just bought a 2010 Lincoln MKS my driver seat, power lock button , power mirror button does not work. The power window on the driver door DOES work.
How can I fix it.

#7 OFFLINE   mazn39

mazn39

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS Lincoln
  • Interests:Front passenger seat does not move, driver door lock does not work and power mirror driver door does not work. Both Sun Roofs does not work. The Key fob does not work. Manually open driver door by key.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

Forgot to mention we checked all the fuses, and changed the seat switch. But the seat still does not work.
I need advise please

#8 OFFLINE   Morleans

Morleans

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

I bought a 2009 MKS a month ago and just a few days ago the driver seat, telescopic steering (easy access) stopped working, do I need to have the seat module replaced or is it a fuse issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·