Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKS Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By joining the Lincoln MKS Forum, you'll enjoy these site benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Water Leaks from Interior Map Lights

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lq1906

lq1906

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Reading, auto enthuasiast for the American Luxury car including Buick, Lincoln, and Cadillac, Model Railroading

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I hope someone here can help me but I notice whenever there is continuous rain or a heavy downpour when I'm driving and turning a corner or coming to a stop or accelearating water leaks out of the interior map laps right ahead of the sunroof.  Does anybody know why this is?  I've had this happen often.  I brought up to Lincoln before and they couldn't duplicate the problem....is it due to the sunroof?  It's very annoying as you get wet up on your leg because the water keeps coming.  Something seems to be stopped up or there's a missing plug, etc

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   DallasMKS

DallasMKS

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS
  • Interests:Cars, Nascar, home improvement

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

I would think if you have them take a water hose and spray it down they could duplicate the problem.

#3 OFFLINE   TSS1

TSS1

MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 MKS Ecoboost; K&N CAI; Livernois Tune; Tint; factory 20 inch Permachromes

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

My guess is the sunroof drain tubes are clogged.  I would open the sunroof and try pouring some very hot water into the drains and see if the water exits.  Do it slowly of course in case it overflows!

• Viclovin likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

I second the diagnosis of sunroof drain tubes.  The sunroof itself is designed to leak around the edges of the glass.  But the water is supposed to be caught by the pan/frame around the edge of the glass and then drain out through tubes at the 4 corners.  If those tubes get clogged, the water overflows and lands on the top of the headliner.  The map lights are the lowest point of the headliner, so that's where it eventually comes out.

• Viclovin likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Bugman

Bugman

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:LINCOLN
  • My MKS: mymks

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

where do the sunroof  front and rear drain tubes drain out at and how do you unclog them if hot water doesn't work

Robert L. MILLER

#6 OFFLINE   2010LincolnMKS

2010LincolnMKS

New MKS Member

• MKS Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKS
  • My MKS: mymks
  • Interests:Cars, bikes, music.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:48 AM

How did this ever work out for you? I'm having a similar issue and my sunroof also won't open or close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·